Ian is the founding director of Boom Online Marketing, providing SEO, biddable media (PPC, social media ads, display ads), conversion rate optimisation and social media marketing services. He also acts as an independent consultant and trainer specialising in these areas. Ian’s expertise comes from 21 years in the Internet industry, including eight years spent as deputy managing director of a web design and development company.
Ian is an approved Digital Growth Programme Practitioner/Trainer and has been involved in delivering and developing the programme formerly known as eBusiness Club since it first began in 2002. He is currently responsible for writing their Search Engine Optimisation – Getting Started, Search Engine Optimisation – Advanced User, Google Analytics – Getting Started, Advanced Google Analytics, Online Marketing for Local Businesses & Conversion Rate Optimisation workshops, as well as several shorter briefings on those subjects and similar ones such as the regular “What’s New In Search” briefing. He delivers these and other workshops to businesses around the East Midlands.
His knowledge covers:
- Search engine optimisation
- Pay-per-click advertising
- Social media marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Conversion rate optimisation
- Web design and development
- Email marketing
Ian specialises in helping companies to maximise their return on investment from online marketing, forming long-term relationships to get the best understanding of their sector and improve their website traffic and conversion rates.
• Twenty-one years of digital marketing management and practical “hands on” activities including search engine optimisation, pay-per-click advertising, social media marketing, affiliate programmes, email marketing, conversion rate optimisation and statistical analysis for a wide range of business clients.
• High level of communication skills developed by delivering presentations, consultancy, training and field sales in all of the above over eighteen years. Broad experience of delivering training on a weekly basis, from short presentations to multi-day events for groups of two to over 500.
• Twenty-one years’ experience of working on web development and digital marketing projects with clients of all sizes, from the Natural History Museum, the RAC, Shoe Zone and Hallmark Cards to regional SMEs and start-ups, covering all sectors from B2C e-commerce to B2B lead generation.
• Excellent written skills utilised in writing training materials, creating marketing copy, writing proposals and technical specification documentation for a wide variety of websites and systems.
• 17 years’ experience delivering digital marketing workshops, seminars and presentations to SMEs for the East Midlands Chamber eBusiness Club/Digital Growth Programme, totalling over 500 workshops to date. Currently responsible for writing & delivering the Search Engine Optimisation – Getting Started, Search Engine Optimisation – Advanced User, Google Analytics – Getting Started, Advanced Google Analytics, Online Marketing for Local Businesses & Conversion Rate Optimisation workshops, as well as several shorter briefings on those subjects and similar ones such as the regular “What’s New In Search” briefing.
• One-to-one consultancy delivered to SMEs to assist with grant applications and performance improvement as part of the eBusiness Club/Digital Growth Programme in the East Midlands since 2002. Often takes the form of face to face meetings, training/consultancy and written reports on digital marketing and web development topics.
• Trainer on the Business Lincolnshire digital skills programme since 2017, delivering the SEO, PPC and Google Analytics workshops to SMEs.
• Delivery of training to Boom clients in small groups, working face to face with staff on their websites, SEO and PPC/Analytics accounts.