This page provides links to useful tools and websites in the arena of online marketing, whether search engine optimisation, pay-per-click, email marketing or anything else.
Search Engine Optimisation
- Keyword Examiner – Free trial download, SEO keyword competition analysis, great time saver!
- Wordtracker – 7 day free trial for keyword research (usual price £29 per month/£165 per year)
- WordZe – Alternative keyword research tool
- MSN adCenter Labs – Good for keyword research and trends
- SEOBook Tools – Free tools to help you optimise your site, including the SEO for Firefox plug-in and Rank Checker plug-in
- Keyword Density Analyser – Check the density and prominence of words in a piece of text or web page
- URI Valet – Check server headers, e.g. whether your site/pages have a 301 redirect in place, along with lots of other information about a page
- Broken Link Checker – Check your site for non-working links
- SEO Digger – Find out what search terms a site ranks for in the top 20 Google search results
- Google Keyword Tool – Now with numerical search volume data, use this to check out the likely searches, clicks and competition for your keywords (also useful for SEO of course!)
- AdsBlackList – A system to help you prevent your ads being shown in places that yield low returns
- SplitTester.com – A calculator to help you decide whether two ads will continue to perform differently, based on statistical significance
- AWeber Email Marketing – Very powerful email marketing platform, starting at $19 per month for up to 500 subscribers. Great sign-up form creation, split-testing and autoresponder follow-up tools.
- Clook Internet – Recommended website hosting, used for this site and many of my clients.